disappointed

I have to admit I'm a tad disappointed by the response, or lack thereof, to the news that I've started my own PvP Corporation.  Not that I expected tons of people knocking down my door to get in, but I also expected more response than I've gotten thus far.  What am I doing wrong?


To be fair, we did have a group of possible recruits decide to go another direction recently, so that came as a disappointment.  And we have had some activity, but no where near enough.


So I ask you my intelligent reader, what would it take to get you to join Lucifer's Hammer?  Or better yet, why haven't you?  I understand that for many of you the idea holds no merit right now, you are in a Corp you like, or you aren't interested in fighting, but we all understand that.  Do I need to offer free booze?  Free women?  Because those things can be arraigned.  


I've heard that many people consider Syndicate to be the problem.  I don't understand this.  If by problem you mean lots of fighting, no Sov Wars and plenty of action... then I suppose you are right.  Also, and here you have to believe me, Syndicate is only the birthing ground for much bigger plans.  A place to build our strength before we move on to somewhere else.


I also understand that we are not "shiny" yet, I guess some people need to join things that are already good.  I don't get that but I can admit it might be something that people do.  I've never understood the need to join a Corporation that is already well known for something, at least in the maturity level we are talking about.  Sure, early on in your career I get it.  Isn't there a desire in Eve to build something of your own?  Perhaps I am the one being naive.


I can tell you this much.  We have fights, good fights, to be had almost all the time.  We are building something that won't be in Syndicate forever.  And if you don't like fighting then we do have other Corporations in the Alliance.


I know it takes time.  I'm prepared for that.  Mostly I'm just curious.


Heck, for all I know, it's me.




LUCRH HAMMER TIME in-game channel.