Gooder Eve: Skill Smarts


Gooder Eve is a series of on-going articles that examine ways in which Eve can be made Gooder.  Some are serious, some are not, but all are intended to create debate, dialogue, and discussion.  So enjoy! ]

This is a small one, but it occurred to me today that the training queue is kinda dumb.  For example, I'm just finishing up training Science V so I can train Gravitron Physics.  You can't train Gravitron Physics until you have Science V trained.  Eve should know this already and allow me to inject the Gravitron skill while I am training Science level V, but it doesn't.  So it forces you to train a "gap" skill, something short and probably outside of your skill train, or risk having a gap in your train.

This isn't really a problem if you happen to be watching the ending of one while it happens, although you still lose a tiny bit of time.  But if this happens overnight or when you are away from the game it can be a pain in the butt.

It should be easy enough to fix this and make Eve Gooder.  If, for some reason, I stop training Science V then obviously GP would also drop from the queue and my brain.  But otherwise I should be able to inject and train skills for which the pre-req skill is currently training.

Make sense?  Ok now go and fix that one CCP code people.  You still have time to get it into the next patch.