Large Projectile V

It is hard to believe that this time last year I was just finishing off Large Hybrid Turret V.  Wow, did that year go by fast.


Tomorrow I will be finishing Large Projectile V and one more rung on the ladder towards all four races to Battleship will be completed.  The only two major rungs remaining will be finishing off Large Drones and Large Lazors.


Large Projectile means flying the Tempest primarily.  Eventually it'll mean other things as well, including Maels and whatnot.  Maybe when I grow up even a Mach!!  Dream ship dream ship dream ship.


I've been on this path, despite some minor divergences, for over two years now.  The idea, from even before I realized it was an idea, was simple really.  To train all four races up to Battleship.  Not a mindless race to train all four races up to BS mind you, I could've done that a long time ago.  No, this would be all four races trained WELL.  All T2 fittings, core skills and associated support skills to either IV or V depending on the individual skill.  This is why it has taken so long.  And why it will eventually take even longer.


One of the hardest things to get across in this game is just how interconnected skills really are.  There is the direct connection, the ones that are obvious.  Can't use Large Arties until you train LPV, so back-track the tree and start somewhere.  Again, those are obvious.  But what about the rigs on the ship, are you getting maximum penalties?  What about the ships speed, agility, cap recharge, shield recharge, armor and shield resists, how about the mods themselves and all the support skills that you need to maximize their performance?  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.


Even if you train all the obvious skills to IV or V you still won't be getting the maximum out of your ship.


So I'm trying.  One brick at a time.  I did side-step to Recon, HACS, Dictors and whatnots along the way.  I do like my shiny ships.  This is a journey and not a destination after all.


But what next?  What lies beyond the "four races to BS" goal?  My Alt is in charge of Carriers and Black Ops, so where do I take Rixx next?  Next being a relative term, the drone/lazor thing will take at least three months to complete.


Any thoughts?  Where 'o where to go next.