Summer Hiatus



I've been on a short hiatus the past few months, both here on Eveoganda and in-game. This was not on purpose at first, but it eventually became a purposeful thing. This is the longest period of time I've taken away from the blog and the game since early 2012 when I was busy closing my business. This time around was much, much different than that. Back then I seriously considered stepping away from Eve. This time I've doubled down on Eve.

Back in April, after every other option had been exhausted, we decided to put our house on the market. I had purchased the home back when I was a different person for my new family to live in. Years of divorce and closing business and bankruptcy and court fights had left it a heavy burden to bear each month. We needed to downsize or risk being tossed out onto the streets. So we did. It took a lot of work. Cleaning, donating, trashing, planning, moving, and more cleaning (I was there every night for a month!), and getting settled into our new - much smaller - home. That started it. It is hard to log-in during such an event.

My focus then and in the months that have followed have been on the new house, getting settled, and trying to find new employment. And then a new round of court problems surfaced. More threats of jail time, etc. You are probably as tired of hearing about it as I am by now.

On the other hand, and strangely enough, this period of time also represents one of the busiest I've ever had when it comes to Eve. I started a new Podcast, I worked on several tutorial videos, created a whole bunch of new work, took care of my commission list (partially, until a HD failure put that on hold), and generally stayed as active as ever on Slack, Twitter, etc.

Not to mention on-going AT practices and Hauling Thoughts o7 Show videos and Hats and logging in to deal with roles, etc. lol

Point being, these things are finally winding down. I have to appear in court again on August 8th to face the illogical and ominous justice of the court system. So leading up to that I'll be logging on more and more often and getting back into the swing of things.

Breaks are good for the soul. No matter who you are or what you do in-game, you need them from time to time. Luckily I have a great group of Directors and Alliance leaders that can deal with things while I am away. That is also important.

So never fear, I'm still here.